Posted By
Jayashree_Ramakrishnan
Dec 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I am trying to create a brochure design (front and back pages only) in Photoshop. The size is 8.27 x 11.69 inches. I will be making it in CMYK with a resolution of 300 px.

I would like to know:
how should i organise the layout so that some portion is left for the ‘bleed’and how much should that area be.

I am a novice at this and would appreciate any advise regarding the same.

Regards
Jayashree

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PF
Peter_Figen
Dec 28, 2006
Typically most printers want to have 1/8 inch bleed on any layout that goes to the edge of the page. There are rare occasions where 1/4 inch bleed is requested. If you are doing your layout in Photoshop, you would simply add 1/4 inch to the overall dimensions of your document when setting it up to allow for the bleed. If your document live area is 8.27 inches, you would make your final document 8.52 inches, allowing for an extra 1/8 in. on both sides.
B
Bernie
Dec 28, 2006
I would suggest doing yourself a favor and working with InDesign or Illustrator if you can.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections