WW
Posted By
warren_williamson
Dec 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
did the download for the free trial for photoshop and I can’t find anything to open it. there’s no icon, there’s a folder with lots of things but no way to open photoshop.

want to buy this product but I want to check it out first. anyone know how I can open this ?

ww

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Dec 27, 2006
Did you do the install?
WW
warren_williamson
Dec 27, 2006
yes, I did the install. should there be an icon on the desk top ?
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 27, 2006
should be in the start menu
WW
warren_williamson
Dec 27, 2006
ok thanks / they were hiding in the start
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 27, 2006
🙁
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 27, 2006
no jj, i agree. they should go into an adobe folder under programs, not just flung about at the bottom of my start menu.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 27, 2006
Matter of choice: I like new icons to appear at the bottom of the list.

You can then drag and drop them to a menu folder of your choice.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 27, 2006
You can then drag and drop them to a menu folder of your choice.

that messes with the uninstaller. should be in the company folder! (dammit!) 🙂
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 27, 2006
Those are only short cuts. Their location is immaterial to the functioning of the target files!

You can delete them if you want.

I use the Quick Launch toolbar anyway.

Like I said; matter of choice 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 27, 2006
Those are only short cuts.

yes i know. but if you move them the uninstaller can’t find them and you HAVE to delete them yourself. it’s not a matter of choice. it’s my way or the highway me bucko! 🙂
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 28, 2006
Yeah, BUCKO!:D
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 30, 2006
if you move them the uninstaller can’t find them

The uninstaller don’t need them short cuts, it looks for the install log.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 30, 2006
and the install log tells it to look for them in the root of the user’s start menu, not in any folder. if you move them they won’t be deleted on an uninstall.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 30, 2006
Oh well, will that stop the removal of the program and its reg entries?

I didn’t have a problem up to now!
KV
Klaas Visser
Dec 30, 2006
I’m with you JJ – pretty much any program I install gets it start menu icons rearranged to suit my own folder hierarchy / scheme. If ever I uninstall, I know I have to delete them myself, but that doesn’t take me long.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 31, 2006
will that stop the removal of the program and its reg entries?

no.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 31, 2006
klaas, that’s not the point. the point of this light hearted jeousting is that adobe shouldn’t clutter up the start menu like that. make and use a bleeding folder already! if ever company did that, put it’s program and five supporting programs in the start menu (like microsloth office, btw)you’d have 5000 programs in your start menu and no folders. see what i mean?

adobe, i know you want to take over the world like microsoft, but instead of taking the stupidest things ms does, like activation and charging for upgrading older versions and splattering your icons all over my nice clean start menu <g> try to be more like google and "do no evil" or at least try not to be so obvious about your evil-ness! for crimminy sakes! or <gasp> you could try to keep users happy instead of treating them like potential criminals out of the box!
BL
Bill_Lamp
Jan 11, 2007
Microsloth Office didn’t even bother to put a short cut to PowerPoint in the start menu here. Too lazy I guess.

There is now a shortcut to it I made, with other self made shortcuts in desktop folder "Office Programs" which has more than links to just MS software in it.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections