TG
Posted By
Tammy_Good
Sep 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having a problem with an action that was created in CS. I’ve imported into CS2 but it won’t run. I get the message:

The parameters for command "Open" are not currently valid.

It runs fine in Cs. What is different. How do I make it work?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Sep 23, 2008
Impossible to tell without knowing exactly what your action does and how you recorded its steps.

Also. what do you men by "imported"? Actions are loaded through the actions palette, Not "imported into" Photoshop.
P
Phosphor
Sep 23, 2008
"The parameters for command "Open" are not currently valid."

Could be that the PS Action is looking for a specific path to a folder which isn’t hierarchically the same now with PS CS3 as it was when you created the Action(s) in PS CS(1).

If I may speak out of turn for a second, I don’t think Ramon was being pedantic by questioning your terminology (well, maybe a little…;)), because in many cases, using and applying the proper terminology (and technique) is what separates what works from what doesn’t, what communicates effectively from that which confuses. The devil (and the glory!) is in the details!

If you’ll give more specific, clear and detailed info about where you seem to be having problems, you’ll receive better guidance.

🙂
TG
Tammy_Good
Sep 23, 2008
The action is as follows:

Convert Mode
To RGB color mode

Image Size
Height 270 pixels
With Scale Styles
With constrain Proportions
Interpolation: bicubic

Unsharp Mask
Amount: 10%
Radius 1 pixel
Threshold: 0

Save
As JPEG
Quality: 12
Matte: none
In:File or folder not found (I don’t understand this oned) with Copy
With Lower Case

Close
Saving: no

The action takes a pdf file from one folder, runs the action, then saves it to another folder. It runs without fail in CS, but when I try to run the same action, the exact same way in CS2, it gives the error message:

The parameters for command "Open" are not currently valid.

I’m sure that I’m missing something somewhere, but I don’t understand why the action will work in one and not the other.
TG
Tammy_Good
Sep 23, 2008
I forgot to add that I use the action in a batch process, to make a thumbnail jpg for the pdf files. The problem may be in the batch process window. I’ve tried about every combination of checking and unchecking the boxes. I did get it to run through the files once, but the files would not rename properly and they all saved over top of the first file. Please help!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections