AR
Posted By
alan_ruta
Sep 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On my dual g5 at work (Leopard) it takes no time to open via photoshop a distilled or exported from ID pdf.
However on the two intel boxes it takes forever (more than a few minutes) to just get to the initial dialogue asking for rez and color mode.

Does anyone know why?

alan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 19, 2008
Alan,

Versions of Photoshop? Compatibility settings for Distilling the file?

Neil
AR
alan_ruta
Sep 19, 2008
Versions would help wouldn’t they.

Sometimes I don’t know the distiller settings–its an fpo from a client. It doesn’t seem to matter. The same pdf reacts totally different on the different box.

I’m running 10.0, not problems. I’ll check the other "problem" boxes.

alan
R
Ram
Sep 19, 2008
You haven’t applied the 10.0.1 update??
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 20, 2008
Alan,

Sometimes I don’t know the distiller settings–its an fpo from a client.

Are you sure the client isn’t using some cheap or freebie PDF-maker software?

Neil
AR
alan_ruta
Sep 20, 2008
Neil, the client may have used some crazy pdf maker, however the same thing happens if I export an fpo directly from an ID2 or ID3 file. I don’t think the problem is directly related to the settings. The same file(s) open easily on my ox 10.4*, 10.0.0 but take forever (or hang the computer) on the 10.5.*, 10.0.* setups.

I don’t know why one computer is 10.0.1. Unfortunately (well, actually fortunately–I don’t need the stress for the minor more money) I’m not the system manager here/there so I have no control over updates.

I always used to do various updates on the mac I use until the system guy went ballistic about it giving all sorts of vague reasons, many related to the apple XSAN. I’m almost up to date and ahead of every other mac in the shop in this regard.

Somehow its lost on the system guy that my computer is one of the few that has never had problems.

Oh well

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections