photoshop cs3 and setting grid off – to never come on, unless I want it on.. HOW?

D
Posted By
danahargroves
Sep 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI .. I am so annoyed with CS3 I cant figure out how to keep the grid off.. for good.. every time i restart photoshop and open images the grid is on! yes i know how to hide it once it is open, and i know that once it is hidden on the first image all subsequent images i open will have it off.
But then once i restart photoshop it is back on again. So annoying since i usually open photoshop from my finder by shift clicking many psds and find the grid is on alll of them.
How how how? nothing in prefs, nothing in help, nothing on this at all. I just want the grid off for good, unless of course I ask for it on. Please help!
using a mac by the way.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 19, 2008
Have you checked your View menu to see which of the View/Show options that you have checked?

Cmd ‘ (inverted coma) should clear the grid.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, try trashing your Prefs..
D
danahargroves
Sep 19, 2008
yes i know to turn it off with command h or command comma, but to not have it on in the first place. Since when i restart photoshop there it is again. I dont want it there when i first open a pic.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 19, 2008
Glad that it worked for you!

But I am not sure why it did — because that should have been: Cmd INVERTED Comma (Single Quotation Mark).

🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections