W
Posted By
westdr1dw
Dec 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone sending their images for printing in other than JPG?

I was surprised today to discover two of the local business that are doing 12X18" are informing the customers to bring the file in JPG. The first store specialized in office supplies. I went to another camera store and was told the same.

Should I look elsewhere for printing, or is this the norm?

I have CS2 and Acrobat Pro.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

T
Talker
Dec 24, 2006
On 23 Dec 2006 19:52:47 -0800, ""
wrote:

Anyone sending their images for printing in other than JPG?
I was surprised today to discover two of the local business that are doing 12X18" are informing the customers to bring the file in JPG. The first store specialized in office supplies. I went to another camera store and was told the same.

Should I look elsewhere for printing, or is this the norm?
I have CS2 and Acrobat Pro.

That has been my experiences also. What I do is to save them as JPGs with the highest setting. Photoshop has a poor JPG ratio, but using a setting of 12 will usually give you as perfect a picture as you can get with JPG, and is usually comparable to other formats, since you aren’t compressing the picture at all.
I wish that PhotoShop would use a different JPG range. It’s 1-12 is strange for JPGs. Most software uses 1-100. I use a setting of 85. Some people prefer 75 or 80, but I like the extra 5 to account for discrepancies that might occur between different software products.

Talker

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections