JS
Posted By
James_Stokes
Dec 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Well so far I’ve had sweet results with CS3… Its running "alot" smoother and with alot less pausing inbetween operations than I’m used to with CS & then with CS2. No blinking out of panels or CS2 brainfarts…

I do however have an inquiry into the Splash screen’s title of "Adobe Photoshop CS3 Standard"… Is this to imply that there will be multiple versions (other than 32 or 64bit) of CS3..? And if so, is the Beta version that we’re currently using missing features that will be available in a, for example, Deluxe Edition per’say..?

Jim…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LL
Larry_Ligon
Dec 22, 2006
If you look at the documentation for the scripting support, you’ll see functions that only work in the "extended" version of CS3.

Larry
S
stevent
Dec 22, 2006
Yes, it’s been widely reported that there will be 2 versions of PS.
C
chrisjbirchall
Dec 23, 2006
That being the case, I would hope that the "extended" version would be offered at the normal upgrade price to those of us who have climbed the upgrade ladder over the years (we who have funded its development) and that the "standard" version would become the "entry level" application.
JS
James_Stokes
Dec 23, 2006
I hear that… So when’s it expected to be officially released..?
BL
Bob Levine
Dec 23, 2006
End of May.

Bob
JL
johnleo_leo
Dec 25, 2006
I have been using CS3(b) only for two days now and I noticed I can’t export/save as jpgs. Is this the case with you all, or have I overlooked something? CS3 all in all seems to have many of the "bugs" fixed from CS2… I really like it and seems it’s version of Bridge is v2 and not a 1.x!
C
chrisjbirchall
Dec 25, 2006
You can’t save 16 bit files as Jpegs
JS
James_Stokes
Dec 26, 2006
As for the 16 bit jpegs… I don’t believe that Jpegs can be saved at 16 bits. Atleast I couldn’t do it with CS or CS2. They had to be reduced down to 8 bits.

I have realized something that I currently am at a lost for… With CS & CS2 I was able to work on an image and then save it out as a Jpeg inorder to use it as a Desktop Background, or Wallpaper and it would be the same image that I saved out when it came to any "Saturation Levels" for example. However now with CS3 I’m finding that any alterations that I make such as Blur,Sharpen,ect… show up fine on my saved Wallpaper .jpg however my Saturation & Vibrance levels are reduced to the original levels prior to altering them. I’ve looked into the "Color Settings" and compared both my CS2 installation & my CS3 installation and everything is identical. And 2 settings under the "Advanced" section are Unchecked.

Anyone have any idea’s..?
C
chrisjbirchall
Dec 26, 2006
Any image destined for on-screen viewing should first be converted to sRGB (EDIT>CONVERT TO PROFILE)
MA
mike_appleby
Jan 26, 2007
when printing with cs 3 i get a message saying, some postscript specific print settings (interpolation,calibration,encoding)will be ignored since you are printing to a non postscirpt printer. the picture then comes out with white banding lines all through the picture. the same picture prints perfectly in cs 2. the printer i’m using is a canon i9100.any ideas thanks.
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 26, 2007
End of May

Or early May, or late April. All they have said is by the end of that quarter.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections