Posted By
grant.smith
Sep 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

My company recently went through a brand change, our image library isn’t that old and thus I just want to put our new logo over the old one.

I’m currently making a bit of a hash of this and would like some advice on wrapping our new logo around objects. Mainly hard hats and clothing.

A tutorial would be great or just a some good advice would be much appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 15, 2008
grant,

First, I hope your logo is in vector format. Warping a pixel-based logo may result in unsharp, less detailed art. And I hope you have original art you need to modify without any logos (so you don’t have to recreate the surfaces under the old logos. Although you can do some image warping in Photoshop, it may be easier to warp your logo as required in Illustrator (on top of imported PS files of the hats and clothes).

As for tutorials? Nothing is better than a good artist’s eye to match the curves, textures and ripples and to make the logo look like it is actually applied to and is realistically part of the items, and is not just cut-and-pasted over pictures.

Neil
AR
alan_ruta
Sep 15, 2008
Even with an artists eye it can take quite a bit of tweaking to make it seem realisitc.

Sometimes it is worth the learning curve of something like Strata-3d that does texture mapping to any 3d model.

There is some sort of link between pshop extended and strata but I haven’t looked into it yet.

alan
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Sep 15, 2008
Photoshop Extended has support for doing this if it is a 3D oibj.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Sep 15, 2008
deja vu <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?14@@.59b5b591>

Before everyone spends a lot of time guessing what the situation is, it may be a good idea for Grant to fully explain. Apparently, the previous advice from July was not sufficient.
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 15, 2008
Hmmm…

Grant — can you please explain what happened after our responses to your request from early July?

Neil
GS
grant.smith
Sep 15, 2008
Hi,

Yes, firstly I tried to continue that discussion but couldn’t find a way of looking at an old post, plus I tried searching the term I thought I used last time, again without results. Obviously I need to learn how to find these? Sorry for not knowing the forums as well as others.

Displacement Map worked very well when I placed the new logo onto jackets and area’s with lots of details. However, it doesn’t work on plastic (Hard Hats), probably due to there not being any texture. The secondary problem is that I don’t need all of the logo showing in some cases. For example, when someone is looking to the side, then you would naturally only see part of the logo, as it curve’s around the object out of sight.

Hope that clarifies the issue.

P.s. If you could pass on details for searching old post it would be most appreciated.
R
Ram
Sep 15, 2008
Click on your name to see your most recent posts.

You can also do a forum search on your user name.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Sep 15, 2008
<http://www.google.com/search?q=photoshop+wrap+logo>

If you do not need the entire logo showing, Google or use Photoshop Help to learn about ‘layer masks’.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections