U
Posted By
unclepullmyfinger
Sep 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to know some of the techniques used to remove banding.

Thanks for your time

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JD
John_Danek
Sep 12, 2008
If the banding is in the image itself, you can try some creative filter effects like gaussian blur, add noise, or physically airbrush color to blend the banding out. If you’re talking about the output ( print ) banding, there are several possibilities like: print head alignment, low ink level in the cartridge(s), mismatch between paper and printer settings, etc. You will see banding in some of the channels from internet images that have been overly compressed. You can get "Image Doctor", a plug-in that features jpeg repair, which does a rather nice job removing artifacts and banding via its settings.
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 12, 2008
UPMF,

A few more details would help us diagnose and help solve the issue.

Neil
U
unclepullmyfinger
Sep 12, 2008
Thanks guys.
Ive been using blend modes (soft light) and I have been getting banding and really did think there was much you could do about it.In fact didnt really know what to call it.And just wanted to find a few different ways of handling the problem.
John I will look into this image doctor thanks

Any other ways to handle it would be appreciated

Thanks Chris AKA UPMF
JD
John_Danek
Sep 13, 2008
In the old days, banding used to show up in low end monitors with low Video RAM, if any. Just a flash-back. You may want to look into your monitor’s resolution setting, just for ha, ha’s. There definitely a few possibilites, but adding soft-light blending usually does not result in banding unless your image is an overly compressed .jpg, where filter effects could adversely affect it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections