JT
Posted By
James_Terrell
Apr 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop/Image Ready on a Mac G3 (OS 9) to prepare photos for use on ebay. I use Image Ready to Place 2 or more photos (each in psd format) on a new psd formatted sheet (each separate photo on its own layer). The new sheet of combined photos is then transferred to Photoshop and Saved For The Web as a jpg file. The finished sheet has 2 or more combined photos saved as a single jpg file for use on ebay.

My wife just purchased a new Dell pc with Windows XP OS. It has Photoshop Elements 2.0 installed on it (installed as part of original purchase). (I have never used Photoshop Elements 2.0.) Can I use Photoshop Elements 2.0 on her Dell to combine photos like I do on my Mac? Or, do I need to purchase Photoshop/Image Ready for her pc?

Thanks. Jim

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 21, 2004
Nope, everything you’ve described can be done in PE. The one thing it won’t do is to slice the images the way you can in Image Ready, but you don’t mention doing that.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 21, 2004
Yup. If I understand your workflow correctly, you can use the same sequence in Elements. Open a new blank canvas, set to the resolution you want. Drag and drop (or copy/paste) your individual photos to the new canvas, and then save it. Elements has Save for Web, just like full PS, so you can create your JPEG in the same program. Actually it should be easier to use Elements than what you’re doing now, because everything can be done within one application. Open/edit your photos in Elements, combine them on one canvas, and then do Save for Web.

Please post back if you need more detail. I did a quick overview because you seem pretty savvy already.

Edit: Hi, Barbara, you weren’t there yet when I started! 🙂
JT
James_Terrell
Apr 21, 2004
Thanks, Beth. I will try it tonight when I get home from work. If I have any questions, I will contact you again. I really appreciate your response.

Jim Terrell
JT
James_Terrell
Apr 21, 2004
Barbara, thanks for your reply. I am going to try this tonight, after work. I appreciate your response.

Jim Terrell
JT
James_Terrell
Apr 22, 2004
Thanks, Beth and Barbara. I followed your instructions; everything worked great!

Again, I really appreciate your help.

Best wishes.

Jim
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 22, 2004
You’re welcome. You’re going to love using Elements. You might even want to use it on your Mac. 🙂 (Barbara and I are Mac users, too.)
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 22, 2004
Glad you got it working, Jim.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections