LG
Posted By
liz goodwin
Aug 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working in PS 7 just fine, then I change tools and my cursor goes from the tool cursor to a crosshair. When I use the crosshair to paint, for instance, it will do what it’s supposed to do, but since all I have is a small crosshair, I can’t anticipate what it is going to do – or where. I have to reboot my computer to get the correct cursor back. This happens at least once a day and sometimes more often. I found some info that says I might have a bad video card, but our IT guy checked it out and it is fine. This also happened with PS 6.5 on my old computer.
Thanks!
Liz

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Aug 15, 2003
Liz…

The cursor will change from Brush Size to "Precise" (that + sign you see) when you engage CapsLock. You must be hitting that by accident. Unlock the CapsLock key…problem solved.
P
Phosphor
Aug 15, 2003
Rats, I actually knew this one, phos! 😀
LG
liz goodwin
Aug 15, 2003
If I could just keep my fumble fingers using the right keys! Thanks so much – now I can stop harassing our overworked computer guy!
C
CindySingleton
Aug 15, 2003
I remember that one about drove me crazy until I accidently figured it out!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections