AW
Posted By
Alex_Welborn
Dec 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am looking to create an effect on a picture that will make it look like it has been drawn in pencil. i looked through and tested all of the filters in the filter gallery and none of them are giving me what i want. does anyone know how to apply a realistic pencil filter or something that would give it that same effect?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 18, 2006
There are various actions for this on the Adobe Exchange. One called Sketchy is pretty good, but there are others.

Also, try the Find Edges filter.
T
Talker
Dec 23, 2006
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:16:43 -0800,
wrote:

I am looking to create an effect on a picture that will make it look like it has been drawn in pencil. i looked through and tested all of the filters in the filter gallery and none of them are giving me what i want. does anyone know how to apply a realistic pencil filter or something that would give it that same effect?

I’m not sure exactly what it is you’re looking for Alex, but I made something that resembles a pencil drawing from a picture of a girl I got from the net, and I posted it to the newsgroup, alt.binaries.photoshop Do you have access to that group? I posted it under the header Attn: Alex

Talker

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections