Posted By
Tobias Wendorff
Dec 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I’ve got two maps, which are in bitmap format (no vectors now). They’re in different scales and they’re warped a little bit.

I’m using Adobe Illustrator CS2, Photoshop CS2, CorelDraw X3 and PhotoPaint X3 (yeah, student editions!).
I’ve overlaid both pictures, but rezising and pulling don’t work.

I need something like a grid with warping. PhotoPaint X3 has a function like this, but it only works as effect. I can’t see the other image then 🙁

The normal lens-warping in Photoshop is also useless, I think. Is there a workaround or a function, which I don’t know?

Best regards,
Tobias

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MH
Mike Hyndman
Dec 17, 2006
"Tobias Wendorff" wrote in message
Hi there,

I’ve got two maps, which are in bitmap format (no vectors now). They’re in different scales and they’re warped a little bit.
I’m using Adobe Illustrator CS2, Photoshop CS2, CorelDraw X3 and PhotoPaint X3 (yeah, student editions!).
I’ve overlaid both pictures, but rezising and pulling don’t work.
I need something like a grid with warping. PhotoPaint X3 has a function like this, but it only works as effect. I can’t see the other image then 🙁

The normal lens-warping in Photoshop is also useless, I think. Is there a workaround or a function, which I don’t know?
Best regards,
Tobias

Have you tried reducing the opacity of the top layer to allow you to see the underlying layer?
Are you using Edit>Transform to warp or skew your image?

MH
TW
Tobias Wendorff
Dec 18, 2006
Mike Hyndman wrote:
Have you tried reducing the opacity of the top layer to allow you to see the underlying layer?

yes, but not the result I need.

I need to warp INSIDE the image and not the edges 🙁
MH
Mike Hyndman
Dec 18, 2006
"Tobias Wendorff" wrote in message
Mike Hyndman wrote:

yes, but not the result I need.

Liquify?

MH
TW
Tobias Wendorff
Dec 18, 2006
Mike Hyndman wrote:

Liquify?

Is this an effect in CS2? I’m using the German version. Perhaps that’s why I didn’t find it now 🙂
MH
Mike Hyndman
Dec 18, 2006
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:43:00 +0100, "Tobias Wendorff" wrote:

Mike Hyndman wrote:

Liquify?

Is this an effect in CS2? I’m using the German version. Perhaps that’s why I didn’t find it now 🙂

Tobias,

Have a look in Filters>Liquify (whatever that translates to) and check out pucker and bloat, again, whatever this translates to.

Regards
Mike H

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections