DR
Posted By
David_Rossi
Aug 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I moved from XP to OSX two months ago and have been working to get my 2200 to function properly ever since. I have spent many hours on the phone with Apple, Adobe, and Epson. I have tried all three possible drivers. I understand that the driver, which in OSX 10.5 is called a plugin, that came with OSX is the most current version from Epson.

Last evening Epson finally concluded that they have not updated their driver for OSX 10.5 and have no intention to do it. In fact, the Epson tech said "The 2200 is six years old, you can’t expect Epson to support it any longer. You need to purchase a current model".

What a crock…

I think I will look at the HP printers…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Aug 21, 2008
If you have an older Mac with tiger still on it. hock up the 2200 to that and use printer sharing
AW
Allen_Wicks
Aug 21, 2008
The newer Epsons are a substantial improvement over the 2200, worth upgrading since most of the cost of printing is consumables anyway. I recommend Epson but if you are mad at them try Canon. Avoid HP.
B
Buko
Aug 21, 2008
Aren’t Epson inks the most permanent
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 22, 2008
Generally Epson and Canon seem to have the best color and speed — and ease of setup with Macs.

Neil
R
Ram
Aug 22, 2008
HP software, drivers and support for the Mac suck. That simple.
DR
David_Rossi
Aug 22, 2008
Well, I am now getting good enough prints from LR2. So all I have to do is save my CS3 images and print them with LR2. Now if I can only figure out how to do soft proofing in LR2….
AW
Allen_Wicks
Aug 22, 2008
If you can print, apparently Epson is not the problem.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections