SC
Posted By
stephen crawford
Aug 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, Fireworks has the ability to order layer styles such as outer bevel and glow so that they can appear in any order needed.

For instance, imagine a square on a layer with a glow and outer bevel applied to it. Fireworks can order the effects to appear in the following ways:

a)
SQUARE > OUTER BEVEL > GLOW

This will apply a glow to start from the outer bevel

b)
SQUARE > GLOW > OUTER BEVEL

This will apply a glow to start from the edge of the square above the outer bevel

So can you order the layer styles in Photoshop in the same way?

Thanks for your help

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DK
Doug_Katz
Aug 20, 2008
Only after "killing" them, i.e., placing them on their own layers as common raster objects.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Aug 20, 2008
No. There’s no organizational tool like that in Photoshop.

The only possible way to come close would be to open up the Presets Manager and drag them into the order you would like them to show up. I do group styles together in this fashion but do it visually rather than by a more technical assessment of effects.
BG
barry_gray
Aug 20, 2008
duplicate the layer > apply different style to each layer > move/stack layers as you wish.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Aug 20, 2008
Hmmm, maybe I misunderstood the question. I thought it was about organizing the Styles palette.
BG
barry_gray
Aug 20, 2008
Actually, after rereading, my way won’t do it either.

"This will apply a glow to start from the outer bevel" Doug’s way maybe the only way.
BG
barry_gray
Aug 20, 2008
Upon further experimenting it might just work. You’ll need to increase the glow so it appears to be emanating from the bevel and then set blending on the bevel to normal???

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections