J
Posted By
jjprescott
Apr 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry, I looked through the forum and did a search but did not find what I’m looking for. I am merging a number of photos taken in a home to show a panoramic view of the living room. There are major contrast problems where the PICS overlap. I can’t find a way to "clean up" the background. I did on an exterior picture. Anyone know what I should do? You can see the exterior pic I fixed at: <http://villagewalksarasotarealty.com/> and you can see the problem photo at: <http://villagewalksarasotarealty.com/Oakmont.htm>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Apr 19, 2004
JJ

I have done a bit of this and while I am not 100% I would suspect that it was a problem in how the original photographs were taken. When ever I do this sort of project I over ride all the camera’s settings. I select a one colour balance and one common exposure. if you don’t do this the camera will make decisions for you, it look out a window and assume a blue hue, or look at an incandescent light and suspect a yellow hue. Then it make each photograph’s exposure unique to itself and not consider the montage. These camera assumptions will give you a headache when you try to mesh them into a panoramic. If your camera has a stitch mode go back and rephotograph the room using this mode. Now if that is not an option go and balance each photograph by hand so that they match each other, then run them through the panorama tool again.

g.
PD
Pete_D
Apr 20, 2004
You might want to try opening all three pictures and making adjustments to make an exact (or closer) match before trying to merge them.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections