WL
Posted By
William_L_Siler
Dec 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running CS3 on Windows XP Professional and printing with an Epson Stylus Pro 2200. When I try to print a 4×6 landscape print and do the setup in on the print screens, the printer insists on printing portrait format. The preview looks fins in CS3, but the print comes out in the wrong format.

I print with this printer in CS2 with no problems.

Amy ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
bmoag
Dec 15, 2006
The printer settings for CS3 are very different than CS2, which were different than CS.
Ergo be sure you have worked through the settings properly. It is not clear to me why publishers make arbitrary changes to the interface like this, the biggest being the deletion of "print with preview" in CS3. In CS3 it takes the same number of mouse clicks to set up an image for printing as in prior versions and you have to go into the printer driver and back into the CS3 print window before printing. It escapes me how this is an improvement in usability to step back and forth between drivers rather than proceed linearly to the print as in prior versions of Photoshop. I get it not.
But the new raw converter is very impressive.
BL
Bob Levine
Dec 15, 2006
There is a forum specifically for CS3 issues. Please post there.

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections