Posted By
David_Rossi
Aug 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please help.

I just moved to a Mac Book Pro running Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17) and the latest CS3 and LR2. I have used an Epson 2200 successfully for years on my previous Windows machine. I have a color managed system. Now I have several issues on the Mac. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

My issues:

1) I see all of my profiles (icc files) in the CS3 Print screen but none are listed in the Epson printer setup screen. Why?

2) My prints are awful; very magenta and with banding. Something fundamental is set incorrectly. What could it be?

3) I read about Epson Easy Print but I still have to go into the Epson Printer setup screen from the CS3 or LR2 print screen to, for example, turn off color management. Why?

4) In LR2 when I go to the Epson Print setup screen and try to select Print Setting or Color Management, they are lined-through and I receive this message: "The bundle Color Management could not be loaded because it does not contain a version for the current architecture". Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Aug 18, 2008
David,

Please start here:

<http://www.gballard.net/psd/cmstheory.html>
DR
David_Rossi
Aug 18, 2008
Thanks. Quite basic. It ends right at the point where I am stuck. Printer profile and driver issue.
GB
g_ballard
Aug 18, 2008
magenta and with banding

of course you have done a nozzle test printout and and ran a cleaning cycle

if you have confirmed the nozzles are good, you probably need to remove the Epson from Printer list, Reset the Printer, download the latest Epson driver and confirm compatibility, and reinstall it

be sure you have the correct black ink loaded for the paper/icc profile you are trying to print on

< http://www.gballard.net/psd/printing_epson_photoshop_cs3.htm l>

cant help w lr2 issues…
DR
David_Rossi
Aug 18, 2008
Thanks. I already did all of that. A couple of times.

Checking all the sites it looks like there is confusion about what driver I should be using. I did get the latest one from the Epson site. I am confident it is the correct one. But then I read on both the Epson and Apple sites that the OS already has the latest version and not to install another one. So I wacked them all and let the OS do it. Then it installed the Gutenprint driver. And that didn’t fix the issue either.

I need to read more about the Open-source printer drivers (CUPS, Gimp-Print, Easy Software Products)that seem to come with OSX.
GB
g_ballard
Aug 18, 2008
read more about NOT to use those

again, unistall, reset, reinstall latest…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections