Posted By
Wayneswhirld
Aug 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 17, 2008
Wayne,

How are you using this .gif file? Highest quality may not be indicated.

Neil
B
Buko
Aug 17, 2008
Unnamed means it is a custom preset with no name. The highest Quality Gif for one image will be diffwent for the highest Quality gif for a different image.

BTW the way Gif is not a high quality image as the most colors it supports only 256 colors.

Gif is well suited for logos and images that contain a few colors. If you want high quality for pictures and you need transparency you should use PNG.
W
Wayneswhirld
Aug 17, 2008
Thanks for the feedback. I am using the images on a website that are somewhat larger than thumbnail size so it’s not real critical. I know that generally GIFs are preferable for logos and text and JPGs for photo like images. These are a mix of art images and text. I don’t know much about PNG though I notice in the GIF Save for Web & Devices drop down there are also options for PNG-24 and PNG-8 128 Dithered.

Bottom line, I’d like to know which is the best quality GIF save option of these and then I can decide between that and a JPG.
W
Wayneswhirld
Aug 17, 2008
Ok, I tested it with my own eye…duh! I found that JPG High is best for my purposes. It’s slightly better than the GIFs, much better than JPG Low but not perceptibly different from JPG Maximum or Very High.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections