Posted By
mharter
Dec 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks.

I am working on a system with 3 24" widescreen displays creating a total pixel width of 5,760 pixels. This system is set up this way for a specific purpose and I am aware that it is somewhat beyond the normal range of horizontal screen area.

Photoshop CS2 seems to be unable to properly redraw the palettes and menus if the workspace exceeds about 4,000 pixels. It hangs after a few minutes. I need to work on images that are 4,410 pixels across and I need to see them in actual pixels. I expected this to work given that Adobe has not published any limit to the size of the Photoshop CS2 workspace – that I know of.

Photoshop 7 works perfectly under the same conditions.

I there a limit for CS2 and have I gone too far?

Matt

Specs:
Photoshop 9.0.2
WindowsXP SP2 2002
NVIDIA Quadro NVS with Forceware 84.26

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 15, 2006
Do the palettes go white for a few seconds (and sometimes more)?

Please give us more detail about your "unable to properly redraw" statement.

(and there are some limits to GDI and GDI+ drawing, and limits to some video drivers)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections