DK
Posted By
duncan_knowles1
Aug 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After opening Photoshop and working on a photo, if I lasso something, I get "Unexpectedly Quit" over and over. Often when I try to save work, I get Unexpectedly Quit." I can’t work in Photoshop if I can’t count on it. How can I fix this? Please help. Thank you.

Duncan

Mac Pro desktop, OS 10.4.11 Dual Core Intel Xeon processor, 4 GB memory, 4 internal hard drives for Final Cut (2 primary drives, 2 backups)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Aug 15, 2008
What version of Photoshop?

Does this problem happen in a new user?
DK
duncan_knowles1
Aug 15, 2008
Buko, Thanks for answering. Photoshop CS3. I did create another user account and opened with that, and it did not Unexpectedly Quit. But I didn’t try it repeatedly. The Unexpectedly Quit happens about 80% of the time in my regular log, but not always. What do you recommend?

Thanks, Duncan
B
Buko
Aug 15, 2008
Since its not crashing in the new user, this means that the system and the application are fine. So there is something in the old user that is corrupt the first thing I would do is trash the prefs. If you don’t know how please check the FAQs.
DK
duncan_knowles1
Aug 15, 2008
I searched for FAQs, but I can’t find them. Can you tell me where to find them?

Also, I went back and checked my new user account and even though Photoshop doesn’t crash with the lasso, it doesn’t close properly when I try to close it in the new user mode. It freezes up. I tried repeatedly and each time, I had to use Force Quit. Does that shed any light on this problem?

Thanks.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 15, 2008
duncan,

FAQs are accessible from the top page for the Photoshop/Mac Forum. Or click here: <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee9d6b1>

Neil
DK
duncan_knowles1
Aug 16, 2008
Neil and Buko,

Thanks! I trashed the prefs and so far, no "Unexpectedly Quit." This is very encouraging. I looked at my file and I had forgotten I had this same problem many months ago. So if this works, you will have removed a huge headache.

Thanks for your guidance.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections