L
Posted By
LenHewitt
Dec 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
"..[You] may already be aware that Bruce Fraser, noted author, lecturer and ‘color geek’, was diagnosed several months ago with terminal lung cancer. Early last month we reported from Photo Plus, New York that Bruce was too ill to attend the annual Pixel Mafia dinner. At that time Bruce was about to start a course of chemotherapy that offered an optimistic prognosis. Unfortunately, the treatment has not been successful and the cancer has since progressed. Bruce is now severely ill and it is the opinion of Bruce, his wife Angela and the doctors, that he now probably has but a very short time left. He is being cared for at home by Angela and support nursing staff.

For those who don’t know him, Bruce Fraser is an internationally well known author, consultant and speaker on the topics of digital imaging and color reproduction. In addition to authoring the highly successful Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS2, he has been a contributing editor for Macworld magazine and co-author of the best-selling books Real World Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Real World Color Management, Second Edition, and the recently released Real World Image Sharpening. Bruce has also penned numerous articles, most recently for CreativePro.com. Bruce is a partner in PixelGenius, LLC. where he designed PhotoKit Sharpener.

Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts. He is one of the great ones out there."

Full report at < http://photoshopnews.com/2006/12/14/bruce-frasers-serious-il lness/>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 15, 2006
my prayers are with you bruce! good luck!

sincerly,
dave
B
Bernie
Dec 16, 2006
; o (
P
povimage
Dec 17, 2006
Sadly, the digital community lost a true pioneer and lighthouse yesterday.

Here’s the blog note on Bruce’s passage. <http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2006/12/in_memoriam_bru.html>

As a philosopher, I’m supposed to say something about how Bruce’s passage makes sense. Unfortunately, it doesn’t. So I can’t do that.

I don’t know of anyone even close to being able to fill his shoes, much less the innumerable footsteps he has left behind.

As JasonSmith said elsewhere: "This sucks."

We need to think of some way to give Bruce a proper Panda Farewell.

Keith

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections