BB
Posted By
bob_bishop
Apr 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a stroked outline around some text. I can move the text but the outline does not move along with the text. The stroked outline is on the background layer. The text is on a text layer. Can the text and stroked outline be linked in some way? This has be totally befuddled. I can not even "get to" the stroke component to delete it. Thanks to anyone who can help. Bob Bishop

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BE
Bob_E._Warren
Apr 18, 2004
Copy the background to a new layer. Look at the layers palette — for the active layer you should see an eye (indicating the layer is visible) and then a brush tip icon. If you click on another layer in the column with the brush tip a link icon will appear — and the layers are linked and will move together.
Bob Warren
MS
Mark_Sand
Apr 18, 2004

1. Click "Create a new layer" icon at bottom of layers palette. This puts transparent layer above the text layer.
2. Select the text (CTRL-click the text layer).
3. Select the new layer and run the Stroke command on new layer.
4. Link the 2 layers. The text and stroke are now one unit and can be moved or resized together.
BB
bob_bishop
Apr 18, 2004
Thank you Bob and Mark. Your methods worked splendidly!!!!!! Everything is easy when you know how. Very nice of you to take the time to help an "advanced beginner".

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections