JM
Posted By
J4ck_Morris
Aug 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey, I’ve recently been playing this game on my Xbox 360 called Bioshock, and I decided that I would like to make a forum signature in the games logos style using CS3. Trouble is, Im in no way a pro, so I though I should come here for help. Basically, I would like to replace the word "Bioshock" woth "J4ck M". I know this is probably pretty advanced to do, but I would like to know if anyone ha any specific techniques I could try. Thanks.

If you haven’t heard of the game, you can find an image of the logo here :http://www.nvnews.net/articles/bioshock_gameplay/images/log o.png

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 13, 2008
Jack,

Im in no way a pro

And thus my concern. There’s a number of effects created and used in that mark’s creation.

You first need to know the specifications (file type, color mode, pixel dimensions, resolution, file size limit, etc.), as well as how you would upload this graphic to the game where you want it.

And you’ll need to know the font used as well — although other fonts may look better when "J4ck M" is typeset. You can check at myfonts.com for both similar fonts (try Futura, Avant Garde Gothic, and similar for starters), and actually preview how those letters look in each font. But note that it looks like the letters in your sample have been altered, and not very well (see the poorly drawn "B").

You will then need to read up in Photoshop on how to cast a shadow and add lighting effects through appropriate layer styles, and how to create/add a metallic finish. You will also have to recreate the background (brown) metallic art as well.

Your quest requires a certain degree of artistic skill as well as more than basic Photoshop experience to bring it off well.

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 13, 2008
….or ask J! <lol>

Neil
JM
J_Maloney
Aug 13, 2008
I’m in agreement with Neil. So here’s your fish, Jack. If you’d like a layer file and some explanation (which I’ll share here), write me at photoshop.forums attt gmail.com

J
JM
J4ck_Morris
Aug 14, 2008
Woah, thanks J! Thats exactly what I was after!
JM
J_Maloney
Aug 14, 2008
I don’t think it’s the best choice for 80 pixels across. It might be best to fit your name in the bounds of the Rapture skyline by using tighter kerning and no horizontal scale.

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1xTBtrkjmEwMWbKNV6 xIQbZN9Zo61>

J
JM
J4ck_Morris
Aug 14, 2008
I’ll probably fiddle with it in Photoshop to get a good size and whatever. But you’ve provided a fantastic image for me to work with, thanks again. 😀

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections