RL
Posted By
Richard_L._Sharp
Apr 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have about two dozen pictures which were taken in daylight with my digital camera set on "tungsten." Obviously, they have an undesirable color hue and I have not been able to figure out how to correct the problem.

Is this possible using PhotoShop Elements?

Thanks.

Richard

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Apr 17, 2004
Richard,

You might try opening a Levels Adjustment Layer; choose the middle eyedropper and click on an area in the image which should be a neutral grey.
J
JPWhite
Apr 18, 2004
If the photograph contains something that you know should be pure white, then you can use the following technique as originally posted here by Ron Minler. I include Ron’s advice below.

This is a simple method I use.

Remove Color Cast

1.Open your image.
2.Take your eye dropper and click on the part of the image that is to be pure white. This will change your foreground color to whatever color cast the eye dropper sees.
3.Make a new layer.
4.Go to Edit- Fill and click – click OK. This will fill this layer with the color your eye dropper has selected.
5.Go to Image – Adjustments – Invert and click.
6.Go to your Layers Palette and change the blend mode to Color Dodge.

Ron
J
JPWhite
Apr 18, 2004
I should also have mentioned that since you have many photos with this problem, you only need find one that includes a pure white area. Once that photo has been color corrected, you can copy your custom ‘adjustment’ layer to all the other photos and that should fix them all up in a jiffy!

JP
J
JPWhite
Apr 18, 2004
Check out the following plugin. A little pricey.

<http://plugin.artdesign.ru/>

JP
RL
Richard_L._Sharp
Apr 18, 2004
Thanks Nancy and JP. I have corrected the color imbalance in my pictures. They look much better.

Richard

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections