E
Posted By
ellenosborne
Aug 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve always thought it would be great if there was a brush tool that you could set on desaturate. You would select the brush and then brush areas of the image and it would desaturate the colors that you ran the brush over.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GD
Gregoire_Dupond
Aug 8, 2008
ellen,
that is not really the subject of this thread, but here are some ideas: -set the mode of your brush to Saturation, color to any shade of grey and opacity to 10-30% and paint: it does exactly what you are looking for.
-create a Hue/Saturation layer set to desaturate -100 and paint in the mask in black with opacity 10-30%. This method is non-destructive.
Hope that helps
Greg
JB
Jeremy_Bohn
Aug 9, 2008
Hmmmm… you could also perhaps use the sponge tool which does exactly what you’re asking for? It can both saturate and desaturate – pick the preferred mode contextual tool bar at the top.
DB
Dale_B._Appleman
Jan 26, 2009
Photoshop CS2 clone tool broken under both Mac OS X 10.4, Mac OS X 10.5

Guys, the clone tool in Photoshop CS2 doesn’t work (claims the area I’m trying to clone hasn’t been defined).

Opacity is 100%

Clone, not pattern tool is on.

Targeting color pixels.

Brush tool is set to normal.

It was quite functional before and Adobe’s phone support claims I need to purchase either CS3 or CS4 before I can be assisted.

Este es mierda de toro.

Anyway, do you have any ideas on this whatsoever?

Dale
KH
Kirsten_Harris
Jan 26, 2009
Hi Dale,

You don’t need phone tech support, there a tech doc about your issue: < http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=3287 18>
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 27, 2009
Unfortunately, the tech note is about Windows utilities — and this is a Macintosh user.

Dale – you haven’t told us WHAT doesn’t work. Where/when does it not work, what error message do you get, etc.
What exactly changed between when it worked and when it stopped working?
DB
Dale_B._Appleman
Jan 27, 2009
Thanks Kirsten. I am already running OS 10.5.6 Leopard. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
B
Buko
Jan 28, 2009
CS2 is not supported in Leopard. and will never be. so it may or may not work.

that said be sure you target a layer with something on it (option+click first) or you can’t clone it.
DB
Dale_B._Appleman
Jan 28, 2009
Yes, I am targeting a layer with pixels and this problem started before I upgraded to Leopard. (One of the reasons I did so!)

I think it’s irresponsible for Adobe not to stand by a tool malfunction that has nothing to do with my OS.

Dale
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 28, 2009
Dale,

Again, CS2 is long discontinued and is not supported. No direct support for old software is certainly not unique to Adobe software.

Basically, CS2 was never designed to work under a new operating system, such as OS X 10.5.x, and there will be issues that will not be resolved for that version.

Sorry.

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 28, 2009
Dale,

Again, CS2 is long discontinued and is not supported. No direct support for old software not unique to Adobe software.

Basically, CS2 was never designed to work under a new operating system, such as OS X 10.5.x, and there will be issues that will not be resolved for that version.

Sorry.

Neil
TH
tori_hernandez
Mar 12, 2009
Hello: does anyone know how to resolve this problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled; deleted prefs.

Error message that pops up when clicking on the text tool –

"could not complete your request because of a program error."

Then PS CS3 does not allow me to close the error message, which means that I must FORCE QUIT.

Does anyone know how to resolve?
mac G5, leopard 10.5.6
lots of memory and space

thank you.
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 12, 2009
Please move your question to a new topic instead of adding it to a completely unrelated topic.
TH
tori_hernandez
Mar 13, 2009
Hello: first time using this forum. I thought I posted new topic, so how do I actually do it? thanks,
R
Ram
Mar 13, 2009
On the page where you found the title of this topic, the main forum page, use the "Add Topic" button/link:

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1mbbznjqIdfUVvTiDW rCDUywskHQr> Click thumbnail to see original size screen shot
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 14, 2009
This topic is now read only. Unrelated content deleted.

Neil

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections