Posted By
fotografica
Aug 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

Is there a way to make an action to process a whole folder with Raw images?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 6, 2008
Select all of the files in Bridge;
Cmd R to open the whole lot in ACR;
Correct one file and keep it Selected;
Shift Select the rest of the files and hit "Synchronize" …

but that IS assuming that the same corrections will be correct for the whole batch.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 6, 2008
fotografica,

Ann makes a good point. Variations in tonal range and contrast within the batch — or just aesthetic preference — could mean having to go back in and do custom processing on a number of individual images afterwards.

Neil
AP
Ana_Pedrero
Aug 7, 2008
I think I need to explain better what I am after.

I would like to be able to use an action where I could go

File>Automate>Batch>Select the Action that would open a series of RAW files, apply a set of corrections, previously saved. This action will then save the files as tif or jpgs.

Ana
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 7, 2008
You can do all of that in ACR — without any need for an Action.

Just save your settings as a "Preset" in ACR;
Select All of your files and choose "Apply Preset …" from the fly-out menu; Choose the kind of output you require (Blue text at bottom of ACR window); and hit the "Save Images" button.
P
PShock
Aug 7, 2008
Easier way.

Select the images in Bridge -> choose the Tools menu -> Photoshop -> Image Processor. From the resulting dialog, select your output (choice of PSD, TIFF, JPEG … or all three!), select the location and the images will be processed and placed neatly in their own folder.

-phil
F
fotografica
Aug 7, 2008
THANKS SO MUCH.
I will try both ways and let you know!
B
Buko
Aug 7, 2008
Phil hit the nail on the head.

Image processor is the only way to go is you want to use an action
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 7, 2008
But why try to use an Action in this case?

ACR and a Custom Saved Preset is the only way to go if she wants to "apply a set of corrections, previously saved" to a batch of RAW files … which does seems to be her intention.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections