PG
Posted By
Paul_Giambarba
Aug 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have had the same problem in the same time frame as Rick. I’m scanning with an Epson 4490 Photo in b&w and color at 300 dpi and crashing on the third save in Photoshop 7.0 on an iMac 5,1 with only 1 GB of memory and using OS 10.4.11. This had never happened before even scanning hundreds of photos and artwork. Is this an Adobe problem, a Mac problem or a combination of both? BTW, I tried disabling Altivec and Twain and that did not work for me.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RK
Richard_Kirkman
Aug 2, 2008
It’s coming up on a month since I disabled the TWAIN and Altivec plug-ins and scanning is still going smoothly. That was obviously my solution. Had nothing to do with disk space or anything else. I have no idea what would be the problem in Paul’s case.

Paul, have you tried trashing your Photoshop or scanner software preferences? If the plug-ins corrupted the preferences of either or both, then it would help to start with clean preferences. I’d write down the current settings before doing that in case they’re lost with the preferences.
PG
Paul_Giambarba
Aug 2, 2008
Thanks, Rich. That’s encouraging.
R
Ram
Aug 3, 2008
Paul,

The update to 7.0.1 is mandatory. No one should be running Photoshop 7.0.

1 GB of RAM is awfully too little. Make sure you are not allowing Photoshop to use4 more than 50% in preferences. Make sure you have adequate unfragmented available drive space.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections