KM
Posted By
Ken_Milton
Apr 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have purchased and downloaded Photoshop Elements 2.0, which I am using with Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6.0. I am unable to access Tutorial or Help files on the Web, obtaining only the message that Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page requested. I see that I do have help files in my Photoshop Elements folder, but cannot access them from the main program. Can anyone suggest, please, what is going wrong?
I have thought of re-installing the program but cannot see anywhere on the Adobe Web site from which I can do so (short of buying the program again!).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KM
Ken_Milton
Apr 13, 2004
Thanks, Pete. However, I am using BT Yahoo rather than AOL: it appears to be working perfectly well for everything else!
PD
Pete_D
Apr 13, 2004
Ken,

PSE uses IE to ramp up the help files and needs an unaltered version of IE. So anything other than what is referred to as a plain vanilla version of IE might/will cause it to not work.

Pete
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 13, 2004
The browsers that have been customized for Yahoo and CompuServe are incapable of accessing the Help files, just like with AOL’s There’s something about the way those ISPs have requested their browsers be configured that’s interfering. Actually, you don’t even have to use IE, but you do have to be using a non-adulterated version of IE, Mozilla, Netscape, or almost any other one that is not specific your ISP. Changing the default browser won’t change your internet access, because you don’t have to be online to access Help or Tutorials.
JL
Jim Lloyd
Apr 16, 2004
wrote in message
I have purchased and downloaded Photoshop Elements 2.0, which I am using
with Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6.0. I am unable to access Tutorial or Help files on the Web, obtaining only the message that Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page requested. I see that I do have help files in my Photoshop Elements folder, but cannot access them from the main program. Can anyone suggest, please, what is going wrong?
I have thought of re-installing the program but cannot see anywhere on the
Adobe Web site from which I can do so (short of buying the program again!).

Ken,
I have the same problem when I try to access the files from within Elements. The tutorials are actually on your hard drive when you install Elements. Open your browser and select open file from the drop-down menu at the top. Type: <drive>:/adobe/Help/1_20_0_0.html
into the file name box. <drive> being the drive letter where you installed Elements. This should open the tutorials in your browser.

Ken, please reply when you see this post by saying somthing simple such as "I saw your post."

I am replying to the newsgroup, not the forum. If Ken doesn’t see this in a day or two, would somebody be so kind as to copy and paste it into a message on the forum where Ken might see it?

Jim
P
pikka
Apr 16, 2004
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 03:12:02 GMT, "Jim Lloyd"
wrote:

snip

I am replying to the newsgroup, not the forum. If Ken doesn’t see this in a day or two, would somebody be so kind as to copy and paste it into a message on the forum where Ken might see it?

Jim
Hi Jim,, I am UseNET subscriber as well.
Is it usual for posts not to be seen by the majority because the forum *is* accessed mainly by Email clients?
I have struck this problem (?) before and have found the interaction level wanting – for posters.
I ask as,
1. I am in trouble
and
2. I am hoping for a quick response to my post (made earlier today)

Thanks for listening :- )

pikka
P
pikka
Apr 16, 2004
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 05:29:00 +0930, pikka
wrote:

wrote:

snip

Jim
Is it usual for posts not to be seen by the majority because the forum *is* accessed mainly by Email clients?
I have struck this problem (?) before and have found the interaction level wanting – for posters.
I ask as,
1. I am in trouble
and

pikka

…my ‘problem’ is solved Jim but I would still like to know if its worth the presence in subscribing to this group.
You reckon?

pikka
JL
Jim Lloyd
Apr 17, 2004
"pikka" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 05:29:00 +0930, pikka
wrote:

wrote:

snip

I am replying to the newsgroup, not the forum. If Ken doesn’t see this
in a
day or two, would somebody be so kind as to copy and paste it into a

Jim
I ask as,
1. I am in trouble
and

pikka

..my ‘problem’ is solved Jim but I would still like to know if its worth the presence in subscribing to this group.
You reckon?

pikka

I READ the posts exclusivly using the newsgroup simply because it is much easier than logging onto the Adobe web sight to read the same posts. If I need help with something, I’ll log onto the Adobe sight and post in the forum. That way everybody sees the question. I feel that if you read the posts only on the forum then you miss the input of everybody who uses only the newsgroup to post. If I did that, I might miss the ONE tip that I never knew I needed!
P
pikka
Apr 18, 2004
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:09:49 GMT, "Jim Lloyd"
wrote:

"pikka" wrote in message
snip

..my ‘problem’ is solved Jim but I would still like to know if its worth the presence in subscribing to this group.
You reckon?

pikka

I READ the posts exclusivly using the newsgroup simply because it is much easier than logging onto the Adobe web sight to read the same posts. If I need help with something, I’ll log onto the Adobe sight and post in the forum. That way everybody sees the question. I feel that if you read the posts only on the forum then you miss the input of everybody who uses only the newsgroup to post. If I did that, I might miss the ONE tip that I never knew I needed!
Hey , thanks for that Jim !
I’ll do the <lurkmode> thing, see how it pans out. Anything I can help with <pooter>, ping me ;- )

pikka

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections