Can you save photos from Element to Album?

JK
Posted By
Jo_Klenk
Apr 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to save a photo from Photoshop Elements 2.0 into Photoshop Album 2.0? My main reason for asking this is that my new HP scanner will scan into Elements but will not recognize Album. So I guess I’ll scan into Elements and then would like to save into Album. Perhaps there is a better way! Thanks, Jo

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 13, 2004
Jo,

Photoshop Elements doesn’t actually store any picture on its own. They are stored on your hard drive at the location you choose at the moment you save the file (most commonly MY DOCUMENTS\MY PICTURES), while working with Photoshop Elements.

You may instruct your scanner software to simply save the images at this location (MY DOCUMENTS\MY PICTURES), then routinely ask Photoshop Album to import pictures it finds there (you’ll not end up with duplicates if you don’t manipulate the files outside Photoshop Album, like copying or renaming them).

Ray
JK
Jo_Klenk
Apr 14, 2004
Thanks for the info, Ray. I am still wishing there would be a way to avoid the extra step of importing into Photoshop Album. In other words, I’d like to save the pictures into Album initially instead of into Elements. I think the problem really lies with getting my scanner to recognize Album which I have not yet succeeded in doing.
Thanks,
Jo
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 14, 2004
Jo,

This may sound silly, can you go the other way around… ? First, open Photoshop Album, then use the File / Acquire (or whatever the name is) to get the picture from your scanner ?

Ray

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections