SS
Posted By
Surenthar_Santhiralingam
Dec 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. I’m trying to create a template for which i can create the cover for CDs and DVDs, which i can later export as a JPEG into the program itself to print. I’ve created one layer, which is a large round circle (hence the CD Cover). Im trying to create a mask so that when I drag and drop another layer into the Circle portion (the round part of the cd), it automatically crops the new layer so it fits into the Circle part, instead of overlapping it. Any ideas on how this can be done? I’ve uploaded what I’m trying to create at the following link… thank you!

Surenthar

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 11, 2006
I don’t see any link. Not exactly sure what you want, but here’s my shot…

Are you talking about cropping or masking. I think you must mean masking because there’s no circular cropping. If you can make the circle into a selection. I’d make a Layer Set (or whatever they call them in CS2) and make a selection from your circle and make the mask on the Set. Then any image you put in the set will be masked.

There might be an easier way, but that’s what pops into my mind.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 12, 2006
Do you have Photoshop CS2? If so, you can use File > Place to fit the image into the required space as a Smart Object, then save as a PSD file that serves as a template; just load the PSD file and change the contents of the Smart Object, which will automatically be resized to fit. You can add a clipping mask to crop. If that’s what you need, I have a template I’ll be happy to share.
Y
YrbkMgr
Dec 12, 2006
See the templates you can get from this link. Use them or learn "how to" from them.

Phos…., "Resources: Patterns, Brushes, Custom Shapes, etc." #6, 4 Sep 2003 3:52 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/6>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections