BH
Posted By
Ben_Hayes
Jul 31, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I posted this in the ‘Bridge’ forum but didn’t get any responses… thinking maybe someone here might be able to help?

I’ve started to work with Version Cue, which seems like a useful idea.

However, within Bridge, when I preview a PSD file it shows a pixelated, low-res version. I have set the preferences to display "high quality previews" and purged the cache, restarted, etc. The previews for non-Version Cue files are fine.

For Illustrator files under Version Cue, the previews stay small – i.e. the same size as the thumbnails.

I really need to be able to view HQ previews in order to continue using Version Cue – anyone know how to make that happen?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Jul 31, 2008
Ben,

I read your post earlier in the Bridge forum, but you haven’t provided any details to troubleshoot your issue.

That was one reason I did not reply.

Another one is that, when the Bridge engineers used to be active in the Bridge forum eons ago, their recommendation to solve a wide variety of issues with Bridge often was to disable Version Cue.

I have often advised others to disable Version Cue myself.

Since you find Version Cue useful, there’s no point in telling you to disable it.

For Illustrator files under Version Cue, the previews stay small – i.e. the same size as the thumbnails.

Yup. That’s the way it is.
R
Ram
Jul 31, 2008
Next time you have a question, please give full details, exact versions of all software and OS, machine specs, etc.

Also, calm down. You can’t expect immediate responses. We are all volunteers here, so you are not addressing Adobe here. We are all users just like you, trying to help each other out.

If you don’t receive a response, it can mean that your question was not clear, or you didn’t give enough details (the case here), or that no one knows the answer, or that it becomes obvious that the answer is one you don’t want to hear.
BH
Ben_Hayes
Jul 31, 2008
I was quite calm.

I’ve previously posted messages here and always had them answered within an hour or so, so that’s why I wasn’t sure if I’d posted in the correct forum. It’s not that I expect "you" to answer me more quickly. Obviously this question falls between several different products, so I thought maybe I should have found a ‘Version Cue’ forum or something.

Sorry, I should have provided version details:

Bridge version 2.1.1.9
Version Cue version 3.1.0
Running on OSX 10.5.4

It seems to me that one of the main uses of Bridge is to be able to use high quality previews to look through alternate designs. So if this doesn’t work with Version Cue, which is all about controlling different versions of designs, that seems unfortunate.
R
Ram
Jul 31, 2008
Ben,

The concept of Bridge is brilliant, but its implementation is a mess. Cache management (and the cached views) are the Achilles heel of the program.

Adobe just plain doesn’t care. They have no plans to fix it, since CS4 is just around the corner.

Bridge is a mess on both platforms, by the way, Mac and Windows.

As I mentioned in your other thread, there’s a Version Cue forum buried in the entrails of the Creative Suite forum.

Give it at least two or three days after posting a question before you get impatient.
R
Ram
Jul 31, 2008
Here’s the link to the Version Cue Macintosh forum:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?13@@.3bc28d79>
FL
Fielden_Lundy
Aug 5, 2008
I’m having a preview problem with Bridge as well.

Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2
Adobe CS3

The previews show at the same size or smaller than the thumbnails in the content window. Not only is it inconvenient, it seems backwards to me.

I’ve tried emptying the cache and resetting the preferences but it has not helped the preview problem.

Hoping you can help!

Fielden Lundy
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 5, 2008
Fielden,

Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2

I sympathize with your problem, and you’re more than welcome to hang out here. But for the problem at hand, I recommend that you post in detail in the Windows Photoshop forum, just down the hall. This is the Macintosh forum.

Thanks.

Neil

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections