MG
Posted By
Melanie_Graysmith
Apr 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just purchased photoshop elements, and wonder if anyone knows why the ps album 2 wasn’t included for mac users (I guess it’s not applicable yet?), and/or if anyone knows of plans for future availablity of ps album too. What ps album benefits can I cover w/another program for macs?
Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 12, 2004
What Mac operating system do you use Melanie? Adobe probably didn’t make Album for Macs because of the available of iPhoto, which does much the same thing and is totally compatible with Elements. And iPhoto comes as part of the system with OS X. If you use an OS older than 10, there are some other options. Around here we don’t get wind of what Adobe is planning to do in the future, but as long as iPhoto is shipped free for Macs, I’d say the motivation for them to make a Mac version of Album isn’t too great.
MG
Melanie_Graysmith
Apr 12, 2004
Thank you, thank you Beth! I didn’t know that iphoto is the "ps album" for macs, but now I do. I use OS 10.2.8

I appreciate the info, so I don’t feel I’m missing something M
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 12, 2004
Well, they are definitely different programs with individual strengths and weaknesses, but their function is so similar that Adobe probably didn’t feel enough Mac users with access to iPhoto would pay for Album. There might be a feature or two you’d miss (if you were ever in a position to do a direct comparison) but on the other hand iPhoto offers a couple of things that aren’t included in Album.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections