P
Posted By
Phosphor
Aug 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a large amount of scanned images (over 2000) that are to be reduced in size to a uniformed length along the images longest side. The images are in many various sizes, in both portrait and landscape modes. I want to do the resizing by way of a batch process, via an automation, but I need to make the LONGEST edge of each image the same set size. Is there a way I can automate this without first OPENING EVERY IMAGE rotating the images so the longest size is all either vertical or horizontal, so they are all the same, and then re rotating the images after running the automation so that they are all the right way up, or opening every image and put them into folders of landscape and portrait and then running the automation.

Many thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Aug 15, 2003
Thanks Tony,

I have Photoshop 7 but unfortunately not a geekoid so know nothing about scripting, but I like the sound of it. I am going to follow your suggestion to use the file browser, selecting the files I want to run the animation on, but change my automation to add another automation to adjust the Landscape images via the length and portrait image via height. This will save rotating the image twice. (does any of this make sense??) The only down side is a lot of these image a big (around or over 200m) being large maps, and plans, so it will take a while for the file browser to show me a preview. But hey I am sure it will be faster than to learn scripting.

Many thanks again.

Cheers
Liam
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 15, 2003
Liam,

Sound strategy. Personally, I use an image viewing program and drag them to the necessary directories because the image viewing program is faster than the file browser, but it will work.

The trick is, in the Batch dialog, to set your Source to Browser. Then it runs the selected files, and if you don’t mess with anything, you can simply right click in the browser and Invert your selection when the first batch has finished.

Good luck.

Peace,
Tony

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections