Cropping corrupted in Photoshop Elements.

BS
Posted By
Brian_S_Gray
Dec 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using Elements (first version)on my Windows 98SE system (512Mb RAM) and it worked fine until recently. Then (Probably after a Windows crash) the cropping tool ceased to work properly. The area to be cropped can no longer be easily controlled by moving the cursor with the minimum amount removed being about 50% (different in the vertical and horizontal directions). It is as if the cursor was attached to the cropping tool by a piece of elastic.
What really concerns me is that the situation is no better if I uninstall Elements, hard reboot the computer and reinstall Elements! Clearly some items of elements do not automatically uninstall since the record of recent files opened is not destroyed.
Where do I start looking for the corrupted file?
If it is any help, the very similar cropping tool in Teschsmith’s Snagit program still works perfectly.
TIA
Brian

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Dec 6, 2006
Oops Brian. You opened the wrong door. The Elements forum is a little further down the corridor.
BS
Brian_S_Gray
Dec 6, 2006
My apologies. I will look ‘along the corridor’!
Brian

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections