Posted By
lister110
Jul 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everyone,

I have an black and white image which is made up of 4 colours. At the moment the ink weight is larger than 350% ink. I need to pull the weight down and replace with black to 300%.

I could change the profile using custom cmyk UCR and make the value 300% ink which is great but Im now assigned a Eurostandard coated UCR. If I assign my current workspace of Euroscale coated the image looks very dark and slightly red.

Am I missing something here. I could just play around with the curves and try achieve the desired effect. But I thought this would take to long..

any ideas

lister

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PF
Peter_Figen
Jul 23, 2008
Typically for 4-color black and white, you would want to use a heavy GCR type of separation with the appropriate ink limits, not an ultra light UCR separation. The problem, as you’ve seen, is that Photoshop’s old legacy Custom CMYK ink definitions are not in line with the newer canned profiles so you can’t freely substitute them. What you really need to do is use a program like ColorLab to generate a new data set from your original profile and rebuild it in a ProfileMaker with the correct parameters – a quick and easy job if you have the tools.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections