G
Posted By
Gothboy
Jul 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all! I’m new to this forum and to photoshop. I have Photoshop 7.0 installed on my OS9.2.2 HD(as opposed to my OSX 10.4.11 tiger drive, the computer is a dual drive, dual boot computer that was passed on to me by a family member) and have used it only a few times. I downloaded the 7.0.1 update but haven’t installed it yet. How important is this update and should I bother?
My other question: can I update further after that? Is there a Photoshop 8 or are they just CS updates? Thanks all!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CB
charles badland
Jul 21, 2008
The 7.0.1 update is critical. You also need to get an Adobe Transfer of License for Photoshop 7 from the original family member to you. Then you should upgrade to CS3 soon. Photoshop 7 is the last version you can upgrade, when CS4 comes out you’ll be stuck.
JS
Jeff_Schewe
Jul 21, 2008
computer that was passed on to me by a family member)

Note that while passing along a computer is fine, unless Photoshop 7 was licensed to you (or the license was put into your name) you don’t have a legit version of Photoshop 7, therefore upgrading will be a problem (not to mention the fact you would then be using a bootleg version).
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 22, 2008
In addition to the above, licensing and support for most consumer versions of Adobe software is one software license allows for up to two installations and activations on two different machines for non-simultaneous use — the premise being that one could then work both at the office and at home without having to purchase two copies of the software. Your family member can no longer use the software or any upgrades associated with it or keep copies of them.

So, yes, you would need to get a transfer of license (Adobe has a form for this. See: < http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn _15281&sliceId=1> ). And then upgrade to CS3 so you can take advantage of the 7.x upgrade ability.

Neil
L
Lundberg02
Jul 26, 2008
install the update.
P
Phosphor
Jul 27, 2008
CS is 8
P
Phosphor
Jul 27, 2008
Why are you running Photoshop 7.x in Classic?

It’ll also install and run under OS X.

I have it installed in both environments—In the Classic Enviro so I can use some old plugins I have that will never be updated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections