IA
Posted By
i_am_jim
Dec 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I originally use PaintShop Pro. It provided a quick pallet of the primary and secondary colors or maybe the set of 16 Basic colors. If you just wanted a pure red or blue or green, etc. You could pop this up and get it. Apparently no such feature exists in PhotoShop, is that correct?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 4, 2006
Have you opened the Swatches palette? The top row of the default palette has 6 basic RGB colors (red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, and magenta), along with white and some grayscales. Pick the Windows swatch palette instead and the basic colors are at the bottom. You can download swatches to add to the list via Preset Manager and you can create your own, if there are particular colors you want at certain locations.
IA
i_am_jim
Dec 4, 2006
On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 16:14:12 -0800,
wrote:

Have you opened the Swatches palette? The top row of the default palette has 6 basic RGB colors (red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, and magenta), along with white and some grayscales. Pick the Windows swatch palette instead and the basic colors are at the bottom. You can download swatches to add to the list via Preset Manager and you can create your own, if there are particular colors you want at certain locations.

That’s it! I’ve been using PhotoShop for 5 years and no, I had never noticed the Swatches palette. I kept looking in the color libraries but they aren’t there.

Thanks.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 4, 2006
Glad to help!
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 4, 2006
You might want to read the manual – there are lots of things in Photoshop that you have probably missed.
LL
Larry_Ligon
Dec 4, 2006
You can use this script to create your own palettes:

http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=78

Larry
IA
i_am_jim
Dec 4, 2006
On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:32:30 -0800, wrote:

You might want to read the manual – there are lots of things in Photoshop that you have probably missed.

Empty sarcasm is always welcome.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 5, 2006
Hardly empty mate: it’s the commonest fault among newbies who think they can fudge their way through the program by intuition!
B
Bernie
Dec 5, 2006
And who don’t realize that it’s still possible to learn stuff after 15 years of using it.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections