Dick_Smith
Apr 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Chris,

That’s a relatively easy thing to do. 😉

First, decide on how big you want your final print to be, size wize. Create a "new" image File>new and set the dimensions to that size with a resolution of somewhere around 200ppi.

Second open the pictures you want to put in the collage.

With each picture, in turn, resize the picture to a resolution that matches you new image. So, if you set the new one at 200ppi, make sure the images to be copied are at the same resolution. Go to image>resize>image size and uncheck resample. Set your resolution to 200ppi and the image will be resized according to the resolution.

Next, if you are using a selection tool, marquee, or lasso, make your selection. Go to Edit>Copy to copy the selection Click on the new image you created and go to Edit>Paste. The selection will show up as a layer in the new image.

Repeat the process for each image. You can move the image layers around by using the Move tool to position them the way you want.

Finally, you can print the picture directly or you can save it for later printing. My advice, save it as a .psd file so you will not lose your layer info.

That’s only one way to do it.

Dick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JR
John_R._Collins
Apr 7, 2004
Chris,

See some examples of what your are trying to do byh going to my very recent post called "Recent Pictures".

John
JW
Julie_Wood
Apr 13, 2004
Hi

Very new to phothops elemenst 2. I have been trying to do a collage but everytime I open a pic it tells me that the layers are locked. I am sure I must be doing something wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 13, 2004
Julie,

Open the layers palette and take a look at the layers … probably the message you are getting is about the background layer. So click on it (in the layers palette) and just click on the boxes as they come up … and it will rename the layer (Layer 0) … then it will not be locked.

Wendy
JW
Julie_Wood
Apr 14, 2004
Thanks Wendy. Will have a go.

Julie

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections