EP
Posted By
Erin_P._Collins
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have removed the color on an image and I want to colorize one part of it. I have done this many times before, and now I can’t figure out why it’s not working. Can anyone help?
Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

ML
Marilyn_Lee
Apr 8, 2004
Erin – One way you can add back color to a picture: Create a New Layer and select "Color" instead of Normal from the Mode drop-down list. Then choose a foreground color and "paint" the color on the Layer with the brush tool. You can adjust the opacity to "thin" the color out if you wish. I recommend making a separate Layer for each area you want to add color to so if you aren’t happy with that particular change later, you can delete just that one Layer and do it over, and leave the rest intact.

MLee
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 8, 2004
Are you wanting to bring back some part of the original, like the brides flowers?

In that case you would put your bw layer above the color and erase the part you want in color.

Other techniques, this is one of the simplest.
PA
Patti_Anderson
Apr 8, 2004
Erin, didn’t you ask this same question on 4/6/04? There were several replies to that thread, you may want to take a look. Here’s a link to it:

<http://tinyurl.com/2teoc>

Patti

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections