JC
Posted By
Jane_Carter
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Yes, it is true, MacWorld is coming to Boston July 12-15th. I will be there, will stay with our daughter and family(their house is being worked on, but I can deal with that)as long as they can put Grandma up for 3 days.
If any of us here are going to go, we sure should get together for lunch! Jane

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 6, 2004
That is true, Jane. Macworld is coming, but Apple is not, so it’s not going to be much like the macworlds of the past, I’m afraid. Still, there might be some good seminars. I just wouldn’t expect much from the exhibit hall, and of course there won’t be a Stevenote.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 6, 2004
If Bert Monroy is doing his Photoshop seminars, those are well worth a trip.
JC
Jane_Carter
Apr 6, 2004
Sad Apple wont be there, but I sure will look for Bert Monroy! Any other good suggestions to watch for on the schedule? Thanks,
Jane
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 6, 2004
Well, any of David Pogue’s sessions are always entertaining, but you’d better be in line early for those–he sure is popular! I’m sure you’ll find lots of interesting classes, Jane. I can’t comment too much on things you’d be interested in, because the last time I went I mostly did the musicians’ track with just a couple of the photoshop sessions.

They have good classes on using OS X, too, that you might want to check out.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 7, 2004
Why do they have to hold these events during weekdays ?? I mean I would have loved to attend it… Boston is only about 5 hours drive time from Montreal. But I can’t just leave my job for four days to attend a MacWorld event (as happy as my boss is that I now have a Mac, I’m sure this remains unjustifiable.. !)

Ray
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 7, 2004
Well, Ray, they have a very expensive two-day track for pros like systems admins. Maybe you can convince your boss to ante up the cash for that and then they wouldn’t think you were goofing off–not for that kind of money!
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 7, 2004
Well, I don’t believe he will. I’m expected (still unconfirmed) to head for Los Angeles later on this year, for a week of training on Business Objects software. I doubt much he’ll extend his offer for a MacWorld event… I can only push him that far!

In a sense, if this plan goes ahead, I’ll visit the nearest Apple store. That’ll be my own very personal MacWorld event 🙂

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Apr 7, 2004
Hi Barbara, I hope that I will be there for all three days, and knowing me, I will be there before the doors open. So I hope to see the best stuff, yes, I am an early bird.
David Pogue, I have so many of his great books!
I will have the schedule and know what part of the floor to be heading towards for each event that I want to see.
I *hate* crowds and noise, so I will have everything planned out beforehand.

I hope that Ray will convince his boss that this would be to their advantage for him to attend! It would be fun to have a few of us get together for lunch. Jane
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Apr 7, 2004
Sometimes, well ok more times than not, I really hate living in the frigid upper midwest. I’d love to go to MacWorld, especially San Fran, but I don’t think that’ll happen anytime soon. The closest I’ll probably ever get was a FileMakerPro Developers conference I attend 2 summers ago in Palm Springs. That was fun but no MacWorld. Besides, how much fun can a few hundred database designing geeks be? 😉

Joe
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 7, 2004
Besides, how much fun can a few hundred database
designing geeks be? 😉

Hey Joe! I’ll be attending a training session where there will be only database designers in the room.. !

Does it…

A) make me a geek ?
B) mean I’m gonna die of boredom ?

🙂

Ray
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Apr 7, 2004

A) make me a geek ?

Yes Ray, I’m sorry but it does. 🙂

mean I’m gonna die of boredom ?

Not if you’re like me and have a strange fetish/obsession for databases.

What kind of session are you attending? I wish I could go!

BTW, there’s nothing wrong with being a Geek. I’ve been called that for years and I still know how to have fun! 😉

Joe
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 7, 2004
I’m going to get a training for Business Objects, a suite of software to create and maintain our Data Warehouse services. I can do some pretty nice thing, but managing data mart and universes is kind of tricky.

And some tools require more knowledge than the other (namely Informatica).

But I object, I’m not a geek! 🙂

Ray
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Apr 7, 2004
But I object, I’m not a geek!

Ray, the first step on the road to recovery is to admit you have a problem.

Hi everyone, my name’s Joe and I’m a geek.

:-):-):-)

Joe
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 7, 2004
ROTFL !

My name is Ray, but… I’m not a geek 😉
(at least, I’d like to think of myself as not being one… Let’s pretend, ok ?)

Ray
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Apr 7, 2004
Is MacWorld something sponsored by McDonald’s? Will Ronald be there?? And will there be free Big Macs served??
J
jhjl1
Apr 7, 2004
Your treading on thin ice now Chuck. I’m counting on winning a Mac from Corbis this month so I may join the club. On the other hand I would probably sell the Mac and buy 2 top of the line PC’s.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
Is MacWorld something sponsored by McDonald’s? Will Ronald be there??
And
will there be free Big Macs served??

MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 8, 2004
Jane,

Please..Take a few photos of MacWorld and post them for those of us who couldn’t make it and also…pass on the best of what you learned while you were there.
JC
Jane_Carter
Apr 8, 2004
I don’t really plan on the camera, too many humans packed into one place, and I am not a lover of crowds and noise, especially at my age. I wouldn’t think of anything like this if it wasn’t a Mac thing.
But I will do my best!
But I really am looking forward to the learning experience! There will be so much there to see! Jane
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 8, 2004
Okay…

Just tell us how it goes.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 8, 2004
Well, there goes the collection we were going to take up for you to supplement the cost, Jane. 🙁
JC
Jane_Carter
Apr 8, 2004
I really should take the camera! I will have to go out and buy a pair of cargo pants full of pockets. You know, that is a good idea.
Actually this wont cost much, as I will stay with the kids in Somerville, just food, transportation, and goodies that I will buy at the show. Goodies and Software???
Jane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections