T
Posted By
TeresaBraziel
Dec 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I moved from Texas to Colorado in August. I have had CS2 stop on me twice since the move. Each time I have to call customer support before I can use the program again, and they have no idea why it keeps stopping on me. Anyone else have any problems of this sort?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Dec 2, 2006
It’s the thin air…
J
jpellant
Dec 15, 2006
I am having this issue also. Did anyone find a way to "reassociate" PS with those file types?

I installed CS2 over CS and then removed CS. It must have removed the PS associations.

I would like to know how to reassociate them.

Thanks,
Jon
PH
Patrick_Hoffmann
Dec 18, 2006
Jon,

I have not had any replies besides yours to my original post on this problem. I’m afraid we may be on our own or may have to contact Adobe to see what our options are.

Have you tried uninstalling CS2, installing CS then re-installing CS2 to see if the problem is related to the removal of CS? It sounds like Klaas Visser’s post on 10-11-06 may be the solution? Please let me know if you have tried this.
J
jpellant
Dec 18, 2006
I have NOT tried the uninstall/reinstall option; however, I suppose that is always an option.

Unfortunately, I was looking for the quick fix, as I doubt I will find the time to try this before next year.

–Jon
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 18, 2006
Uninstall/reinstall takes minutes not days!
J
jpellant
Dec 18, 2006
Ahh– but it will take me ‘days’ to hunt down the original CS disk for the upgrade qualification…
J
jpellant
Dec 19, 2006
Hello all…

I did the reinstall last night and this fixed the issue I was having. It reregistered the apps with their file types.

{The reinstall didn’t require me to find my CS disks (which I had at home)}.

Regards,
Jon
PH
Patrick_Hoffmann
Dec 19, 2006
Jon,

Can you please provide the steps you took in the uninstall/re-install process to get the files associated correctly with CS2? Did you manually delete any files, folders or registry items after un-installing the software?

Thanks for the information!

Patrick
J
jpellant
Dec 19, 2006
No,
– I just put in the CD (1/(4+1)) and selected "install". – It came back (eventually) and told me that it was already installed and asked me if I wanted to ‘reinstall’ or ‘remove’.
– I chose to ‘reinstall’ only PS, AI, GL, IR, and ID. It did the rest.

–jon

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections