B
Posted By
boblane
Apr 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If you travel and use multiple digital cameras, it would be good to organize by "created date" in Elements, so you can figure out where you were. Microsoft gives current new date during loading into "C" Drive. Does anyone know how to organize by Create Date? Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 4, 2004
Ah, Elements doesn’t store any photos. Are you perhaps thinking of Photoshop Album? There’s a separate forum for that.

When I do what you’re talking about, I simply download to folders I create on my hard drive. I give them an appropriate title that might be by date, location, etc. You could do subfolders according to camera, too. Frankly this is the kind of organization that I don’t think I’d trust to software!
B
boblane
Apr 4, 2004
Thank you. Is there a way to load from flash card to "C" Card and preserve the original date and time of the flash card file? Generally it is modified to date of transfer. I wish there was a way to dump all the picture files into one place and then do a sort by date. Perhaps Album can do this?
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 4, 2004
I can’t answer that. I don’t use a Windows machine, nor do I use Album. I also just noticed I have a problem somewhere along the line with this particular computer, but I’m too tired to figure out what’s wrong. As I was checking dates for some pictures I took, I see some of them show the date created as 1979. Now my digital camera isn’t new, but it ain’t that old either! It’s because of these kinds of oddities that I do all of this kind of file management myself. I do know Album will allow you to assign characteristics on which you can search, so adding the date to a given batch of photos would let find all of the ones created on a certain day.

Maybe someone else will have a suggestion for you.
BD
Ben_Darby
Apr 4, 2004
Bob,

What OS are you using? Windows XP allows sorting by "Date Picture Taken".

Photoshop Album understands the original date as well, and allows you to make adjustments to the time if needed.
BL
bob_lemon
Apr 5, 2004
The way I do it is to create a folder (2004_pictures) with subfolders by date with a little explanation of what the pictures are about (040504pic_lakefront_boats). All the pictures I take on 040504 go in this directory. I have all my pictures since I got the camera in 2001 set up this way and it works for me.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections