WW
Posted By
w_westfall
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Are there any magazines I could read that would be helpful to me as an "intermediate" Elements user? (I have some books.) I saw a magazine called Photoshop User on the newsstand today, but it seems to be directed specifically to Photoshop problems and solutions. Would it be helpful to me, an Elements user? Or would it tend to confuse those of us who are not Photoshop or advanced Elements users? Are there other "more appropriate" magazines available? I searched the Forum but found nothing on this topic. I’d appreciate any suggestions.
Wendell

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Apr 2, 2004
Photoshop User is a publication of the NAPP. It is excellent and there are certainly tutorials that are appropriate to Elements users, though there will be tututorials that won’t be possible. I am not aware of any Elements specific magazines at this time. You may consider buying a loose copy of Photoshop User and seeing if it is worth it for you. I also buy a lot of Photographic Magazines. Both digital and traditional.

Rich
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 2, 2004
Wendell,

I am not aware of any magazines specifically for Elements … occasionally I do buy a couple of magazines that have Photoshop info in them and usually most of it works in Elements. The rest just needs workarounds.

For the most part I tend to use Tutorials from various sites and tips from here 🙂

Wendy
JD
Jerry Dolan
Apr 3, 2004
Along that line…..Could we get all of you major users in this forum to give us your favorite tutorial sites?
It would certainly be appreciated by this beginner user of PhotosShop Elements 2.0.

Thanks,

Jerry Dolan

wrote in message
Wendell,

I am not aware of any magazines specifically for Elements … occasionally
I do buy a couple of magazines that have Photoshop info in them and usually most of it works in Elements. The rest just needs workarounds.
For the most part I tend to use Tutorials from various sites and tips from
here 🙂
Wendy
CM
carole_mullen
Apr 5, 2004
Hi Wendy

I have just joined the Forum and have just started with Photoshop Elements 2 – you mentioned that you use Tutorials from various sites – could you point me in the right direction for this. I would be grateful if you know any which are "For beginners". Thanks.

Carole
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 5, 2004
Carole, I just plugged this phrase in at Google, and the top few listings are all excellent – Jay Arraich’s site, myjaney, and graphicsoft. And there were more, too.

"Photoshop Elements tutorials beginners"

Jay’s site is one that’s recommended often and would be an excellent place to start.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 5, 2004
Hi Carole,

As Beth said Jay’s site is excellent … another one I like is <http://myjanee.home.insightbb.com/tutorials.htm>

Start off with a simple one and then move on to the more complicated ones …. if you get stuck just ask and someone will give you a hand.

Wendy
CF
Callum_Ferguson
Apr 6, 2004
Wendell
A couple of mags from oz i find are excelent for learners, they have tutorials in a good format and also from time to time have vidio tutorials on the cd, "sorted paths for me" – could’nt get it at all from the PS 5 book.

Regards
Malcolm

<http://www.paragonpublishing.com.au/pages/dpme.html>

<http://www.betterdigitalonline.com/HTML%20Files/home.html>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections