AF
Posted By
Andrew_Fortune
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have had Photoshop Elements v2 for a few months now, and I remain steadfastly unconvinced that clicking the airbrush button in the brush toolbar makes any difference whatsoever.

I’ve tried stroking with all various combinations of brush and options such as fade, scatter etc. and whether I stroke with the airbrush button set on or not does not make one scrap of difference.

Is there someone out there that can prove me wrong ? … maybe I am missing something ??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PD
Pete_D
Apr 2, 2004
Andrew,

I don’t use airbrush but one thing I can see is that when set to normal it applies color like a paint brush and if you click and hold it does not apply any more until you move the cursor. The airbrush however keeps "spraying". (Not forever, but it does expand).

Try something like a Red 45 soft brush on a white canvas. Set to normal it applies a soft circle of red paint. After clicking the airbrush it keeps applying and the color becomes more vivid in the center portion and also expands the size of the circle.

Pete
AF
Andrew_Fortune
Apr 2, 2004
Thanks so much, Pete.

Yes, that makes sense. I tried it and it worked just fine. I now see what the difference is.
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 2, 2004
And if you have a digital table you will see even more benefit.

Dick
PA
Patti_Anderson
Apr 2, 2004
I’d like to see this "digital table" of yours. Is this something new?

Couldn’t resist. 🙂
Patti
AF
Andrew_Fortune
Apr 2, 2004
I think you mean a graphics tablet, don’t you ?
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 2, 2004
Yes, I did, sorry for the confusion. Fingers going faster than the mind!

Dick

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections