MB
Posted By
Micky_Banks
Nov 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought a Nikon D70s in Japan earlier this year. The picture project software I received was only in Japanese. I have searched extensively on the net for free downloads of the English version but as the camera has a Japanese serial number on it it is not supported on the Nikon website for any other region but Japan.

I have extracted the NEF files with a card reader and have saved them in CS2. I can view the thumbnails but cannot open the Raw files in CS2. I have also downloaded Adobe Camera Raw but still cannot open the files.

Can anyone run me through the process to access these raw files?

Thank You in advance

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
PECourtejoie
Nov 27, 2006
You did not state if you are running the latest version (3.6) of ACR(Adobe Camera Raw).

Go to the Camera Raw sub-forum, and read the FAQ, the debugging thread, and the readme file that was available on the page where you downloaded ACR, they’ll tell you the same things:

There should only be one plug-in, in the correct location (double-check!) That you should remove any Nikon plug-in that was installed without your consent.
AC
Art Campbell
Nov 27, 2006
PE’s comments are correct for using ACR…
Just follow the directions on the web page.

And unless Nikon USA has changed their policy, Nikon View and picture project didn’t require a camera serial number for downloads, but if you do download and install either package, you MUST remove the Nikon plug-in from the Photoshop directory or Adobe’s ACR software will not work. If you’re happy using the card transfer procedure, you don’t need either one, although View has some nice tools.

Art
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Nov 27, 2006
I don’t understand how you could have searched extensively on the Net for free versions of the Nikon software without finding it. Did you try Nikon’s website? The main page of the US website has a link to software downloads at this page < http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduse r/std_adp.php?p_faqid=61>.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections