MH
Posted By
Mark_Heise
Nov 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Looking for advice from the experts or people in the industry. I have become interested in the adobe products, and was wondering if anyone can provide me with some links or tutorials. Right now I am mostly interested in Photoshop, but I am willing to explore other products like QuarkXPress, Illustrator, QuarkXPress, Dreamweaver and Flash.
This will only be a hobby but I was considering taking a part time course on the graphic design layout program or web page design.
Again I realize I can do a search and find other forums out there or tutorial links, but I am looking for advice from the expert or individual in the industry. I have also thought about subscribing to Layers magazine and other adobe magazines out there as an aid.
I realize there are thousands of tutorials out there, but as we know some are better than others and again I was looking for a preference from the expert.
Thank you

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 27, 2006
I realize there are thousands of tutorials out there, but as we know some are better than others and again I was looking for a preference from the expert.

Actually, that’s less true than you might imagine. What is an excellent tutorial for one, may be crappy to another. And there are at least three ways to do anything in photoshop.

My advice is to simply start with a task, and search a tutorial for that task. You’ll find a lot that you like, and some you don’t.

If you haven’t already though, DO stop by Russell Browns site:

<http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html>
PL
Per-Otto_Larsen
Nov 27, 2006
I agree about Russel Brown’s videos. Lean back and watch’n’learn. I find the video tutorials on Radiant Vista helpful as well: <http://www.radiantvista.com/video_tutorials/>
S
stevent
Nov 27, 2006
ps: QuarkXPress is made by Quark, not Adobe.

Indesign is Adobe’s page layout software (and vastly superior to Quark imo).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections