MM
Posted By
Mike_Morrell
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am not too familure with the Mac, so excuse my ignorance on this one. I am running PE 2 on Mac 10.3. I am trying to print on a Epson 740 printer. In PE, I am going to file<print with preview<print and I cannot find the "properties" from the epson drivers like I would on windows. I want to load my paper settings and print quality, etc. How does one do this from PE on the Mac?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 1, 2004
In the print preview window click the "Print…" button on the upper right hand side. When the OS X print dialog comes up, you will see a little pulldown menu that says "copies and pages." If you click on this to expand it, you will find your printer settings.

These settings are accessed through the Print window in all applications in X. In PE if you don’t need to see the Print Preview window before printing to adjust placement on the page or your color settings, you can skip it by just pressing Option + Command + P, which works like command + P in other applications.
MM
Mike_Morrell
Apr 1, 2004
Thanks Barbara, this was exactly what I was looking for.
MM
Mike_Morrell
Apr 1, 2004
In Elements 2.0 I wish to print more than one image per sheet (ex. 2" x 3"). Please tell my how to do it.

Mike
BG
Byron Gale
Apr 1, 2004
Mike,

Click File > Print Layouts > Picture Package.

In the center section, Document, choose your Layout. You will see a diagram toward the right showing you how the pictures in your layout will be printed on the page.

Then, in the diagram, click one of the image areas. This opens a file browser window so that you can choose what image will be printed in that space. Repeat this for each of the image areas which you wish to have an image. They can all be different pictures.

If you wish to have them all the same image, when you open Picture Package, in the top Source section, choose File, and then Browse to an image. This picture will be placed in all of the image areas in your layout. You can click one of them to change the image one-by-one, if you wish.

IMPORTANT – Picture Package seems to come with the default Resolution setting of 72 PPI. This is usually too low for most people to enjoy the prints. Be sure to set the Resolution to a value which gives you prints you like.

I’ve never used the lower section (Label), so can’t offer any advice other than to tinker with it to see what it does.

When you’re finished, and click OK, Elements will generate a new document in your work area with the pictures all resized and arranged — ready to print or save, as you wish.

HTH,

Byron

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections