Grant_Dixon
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
April 01, 2004
Adobe Discontinues Photoshop
In a move that no one expected, Adobe announced today that it has discontinued its flagship product, Photoshop. Despite the success of the Creative Suite which brought record-breaking profits and revenue in the fourth quarter of 2003, Adobe has decided it’s time to halt development on Photoshop.
Adobe Systems CEO Bruce Chizen had this to say about the surprising announcement: "There is no doubt that Adobe Photoshop is one of the most innovative and widely used software programs today. But the need to continually introduce new, groundbreaking features while building on 14-year old product code has been extremely confining to our development team. We feel it’s time to take Photoshop off the market–wipe the slate clean, so to speak–and see what our developers can do starting from fresh code. We can’t tell you when our Photoshop replacement will hit the market, but we are confident it will blow away all expectations."

Read the rest of the story at
http://graphicssoft.about.com/b/a/075997.htm#more

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PD
Pete_D
Apr 1, 2004
Read the rest of the story at
http://graphicssoft.about.com/b/a/075997.htm#more

I highly suggest that you do not just glance at this one. It does require reading the whole story.
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Apr 1, 2004
And todays date would be???????
B
bethC
Apr 1, 2004
Yikes . . . ! ! !
My heart went thump thump . . .another learning curve

🙂 beth
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 1, 2004
JL
Jim Lloyd
Apr 1, 2004
This is unbelievable for such a popular software title! I agree, you must read the entire story to understand this industy shaking move by Adobe. After reading the rest of the article, I’m sort of looking forward to seeing what Adobe developers come up with using all new code.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 1, 2004
I nearly had a heart attack !!!!

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 1, 2004
April Fools ??
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 1, 2004
Guess it is Jodi …. Well I’m sure they wouldn’t discontinue something that sells so well

Wendy
ML
Marty Landolt
Apr 1, 2004
Wendy, I was about to tell you to forget the heart attack and I didn’t yet know of the 4-1 joke. Even if Adobe did that I wasn’t worried … they never drop all those Photoshop followers flat on their face.
Marty (the non-worrywaart)
SS
Susan_S.
Apr 1, 2004
Can’t fool me – it’s already April 2nd here!
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 2, 2004
My friend sent a picture of what looked like the real thing, an Apple G5 with 3 processors… April fool’s of course. But for a brief moment there, I was like.. "Really ???"… Until my logic kicked in and realized 3 processors isn’t possible.. ! (works in pairs)

Ray
GD
Grant_Dixon
Apr 2, 2004
Ray

This reminds me of graffiti I read on a university washroom wall "There are three kinds of people in this world. Those that can count and those that can’t!"

g
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 2, 2004
Like children showing their age… "I’m 3 years old", but actually displaying five fingers… LOL !
GD
Grant_Dixon
Apr 2, 2004
Then there was "There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don’t!"

g
CS
carl_sutherland
Apr 2, 2004
Jodi,

Where do you get your emoticons? Do they work in MAC?

Thank you

Carl
LG
Lorace_Graham
Apr 2, 2004
You do mean Lirpa Loof —- don’t you????

Whew!

Lorace
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 2, 2004
Carl,

click on ‘ Fun and Logos’ under ‘quick links’ on left;

<http://www.plauder-smilies.de>
CS
carl_sutherland
Apr 3, 2004
Jodi,

Thanks. Those are wonderful. How did you find them? Will they work in OS X? Is any of the site in English? How do you get them and use them?

Carl
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 3, 2004
Carl, I know nothing of Macs except for the stuff I here about iPhoto 🙂 …but anyways, I really can’t remember when I found this…it was so long ago. There are mucho sites that have ‘smilies’….just put that in the search engine. To get the emoticon to show up here…chose one>right click on it and chose ‘properties’ then look for the URL >hightlight it>copy it. Then on the forum at the beginning put ;

img src=and paste the http address here. Put < at beginning and > at end….no spaces between the < and >.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 3, 2004
Carl, all those sorts of things–emoticons, favicons, etc.–don’t care what platform you use, just which browser. You shouldn’t have any trouble in any fairly recent browser on any platform (old browsers will have trouble because they don’t have the graphics capability), and HTML is HTML no matter what computer you are using.
CS
carl_sutherland
Apr 4, 2004
Jodi and/or Barbara,

I don’t have a right click. I do have a ctrl-click to clipboard. So, here goes. I have done the . If that isn’t right, please correct.

Can this work in an email?

Carl
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 4, 2004
Hi, Carl. Nope, you need to go back and look at Jodi’s instructions again. The embed tag was wrong in your last post.

It’s not a good idea in email because it only works if the recipient has HTML mail enabled and not many people do. If the emoticon isn’t animated you might be able to insert it like any other graphic, though.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 4, 2004
Carl,

You have to link to the url for the emoticons to show up.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 4, 2004
Hi Mark 🙂
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 4, 2004
Hi Jodi,

So Carl gets the big kiss and I get green vomit!

You’re cruel.

I could let this escalate but I’m a grownup, right???
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 4, 2004
that wasn’t for you darling…vomit…that’s all it is… A funny vomit emoticon that I saw and wanted to share XD

Geeze, I wouldn’t dare share a smilie with ya if i didn’t like you 🙂
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 4, 2004
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 4, 2004
CS
carl_sutherland
Apr 4, 2004
Jodi, Barbara, Mark, or anyone,

Please more help.

I now can right click on the icon. I get 1) open image in new window,2) save image as…., 3) copy image to clipboard. Which should I choose or should I do something else? Then I copy the URL, <http://www.plauder-smilies.de/> , then I go to Message and put in < no space img src=http://www.plauder-smilies.de/ no space >. I don’t speak the lingo enough to know what it means that the embed tag was wrong or that I need to link to the URL.

Aside from that, why would most people not have HTML mail enabled.

Sorry to be dense but I didn’t even catch that was vomiting. My years or decades of computer evasion is showing.

Thanks

Carl
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 4, 2004
"I didn’t even catch that was vomiting"

I didn’t either, Carl. Personally I’d like to think it’s because we’re too "sensitive" to consider those possibilities! 🙂
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 4, 2004
So what did you think that green stuff was, bad breath?

Carl,

Get yourself to the emoticon page. Click ‘fun and logos’ on the left

and then click this guy on the left

If you click an emoticon you will see a url in a box at the bottom of the page. Select this url and delete the stuff in the brackets.

precede the url with this ‘<‘img src=’ and end it with ‘>’ Not the quote marks.

Try it.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 4, 2004
Well MY excuse is that I’m looking at these displayed on a 14" screen at 1024 X 768. Sometimes details are easy to miss! Of course Carl has Lapzilla, so I don’t know what his excuse is. 🙂
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 4, 2004
Lapzilla… 🙂
CS
carl_sutherland
Apr 4, 2004
I don’t see green. Besides that, like Beth, I’m too sensitive.

Carl
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 4, 2004
Congratulations Carl!!!
PA
Patti_Anderson
Apr 5, 2004
I found this emoticon site in English: <http://www.mysmilies.com>

I think a lot of these were created to use with Instant Messenger and other such chat software. Some of the are too big to use in this forum and some of them are not very nice and we "shouldn’t" use them.

Let’s see if I remember how to do this. Here is one of my favorites for shocked or to express "picking my lip up off the floor…"

Patti
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 5, 2004
Looks like you got it Carl.
CS
carl_sutherland
Apr 5, 2004
Patti,

What I saw!

Carl

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections