BW
Posted By
Bobby_Wolf
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
ok, this might seem stupid, but how do i make just a simple outlined circle in photoshop like u would using paint with the circle maker thingy, seems like u can make everything but a circle with photoshop, please let me know how to do it, thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BW
Bobby_Wolf
Apr 1, 2004
thanks alot guys
TT
thomas_t_jellifer
Apr 13, 2004
I’m new at this and need some help. How do I scan a picture from my HP scanner to elements 2? And How do I transfer from a disk (Sam’s Club) to elements?
Thanx
tom jellifer
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 13, 2004
Tom,

With the scanner, you can scan your photo and save it to your hard drive and then open it in Elements. Or, check in Elements under the File>Import menu, if your HP scanner is listed there you can click on it and the scanner will scan the pix into Elements. They will not be saved however, merely open for you to work on.

If you have a disk with image files on it, simply put the disk in the drive, and in Elements go to File>Open, choose the correct drive letter and your image files will be available. Double click the one you want and it will open in Elements.

Remember that Elements simply displays image files, they are not resident in Elements. Elements allows you to view and edit images, when you are finished they are stored on your computer the same way other file types are.

Also you might want to check out the "File Browser" option in Elements. It will display the images as thumbnails to make it easier to pick out the one(s) you want to open.

Dick
PD
Pete_D
Apr 13, 2004
tom,

If you have recently installed Photoshop Elements and already had you HP scanner software installed Photoshop Elements will not show in the list of destination programs of where to send the scan. You could un install and reinstall scanning software or use the Import function as Dick has suggested.

Pete
MS
Mark_Sand
Apr 13, 2004
Bobby, the circle method described in messages 1 & 2 creates a circle that is fixed. To make a circle that can be moved around (and I guess this is what you want), create it on a separate transparent layer on top of the original picture.
1. Click the "Create a new layer" icon at the bottom of the Layers palette.
2. On this new layer, draw the circle as previously descibed.
3. Use the Move tool on the new layer to position the circle exactly where you want it. You can always move it again later since it is on its own layer.
PS
pierre_saenz
May 25, 2004
very new…cannon scanner…..lide30….How do I scan to photo elements?
NS
Nancy_S
May 25, 2004
In PSE, your scanner should be listed under File>Import. When closing the scanner software your file will show on the workarea in PSE.
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 25, 2004
Pierre,

Does the lide30 have Scangear Toolbox? If so you can use the "Link" parameter of either Scan-1 or Scan-2 to define the target program. This will scan and then open the program of your choice with the scanned image ready for processing. You can also have Scangear save a copy in a designated folder as backup.

Though I have my Canon D1250U2F set up that way I find it simpler to open Elements and Import as described above.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections